I was going to put this as a comment, but it was so long, and Jamie made me a contributor so I thought I was abuse my authority and not leave a gigantic comment...
I wrote. It was hard - not because the ideas weren't there, but because they WERE there at 5 AM, and by 9 PM (when I actually had time to write) they were not quite what they once were. But it's done... and somehow it all got inspired by this blog and the craziness of my classroom (and taking the DWA this year). So I decided to share the opening paragraph (and No it's not brilliant, or my best writing - but it's at least on the page.)
Rumor has it, Mrs. McCarthy is awesome. They say that she’s amazing in Science, with the coolest experiments involving actual explosions during class. They say, that she is the queen of Social Studies, that you’ll really understand (and even like) history after her class. They say, she sings in math. Yes, Math, and not in that creepy singing sort of way, but kind of a cool way where you learn stuff through songs. But they also say, the worst of the rumors, that she loves to write. I heard that she loves it so much that she actually gives a writing assignment every day. Seriously, every day. Who writes every day? Only some insane person who is a glutton for personal punishment.
Mrs. McCarthy is my 5th grade teacher.
1 comment:
Yeah for writing. I didn't want to write yesterday either. So, thanks for all making me! I like the part about the creepy singing. Mostly since I sing creepy... and off key. I also liked the parentheses with (and even like). Like history is some horrible thing. Of course you've got the voice down, but that doesn't surprise me considering your daily associates :) I'm excited to see more.
Post a Comment