Friday, October 2, 2009

Introductions

Not to be too big about it, but I thought I'd slightly introduce you to each other. If you'd like to introduce yourself more... go right ahead.

So, here goes:

Laura is my cousin. When we were little we used to play school together. We usually had two subjects: art and writing. Now Laura does all three for real: she is a teacher, she is amazingly creative, and she's writing. What does that leave for me? I am not so sure.

Julie, Elena, and Kim are all friends I met at a writing conference three years ago. Was it three years ago? I am not much good at counting. Julie has had a story published in the "Friend," Elena has an agent and a novel that she says she can't talk about "Yet" (that's an actual quote from her blog... quite the teaser), and Kim has the writing gumption to travel all the way to us every once in a while so that we can talk about words, not to mention staying at it with all those little ones.

Annalisa is my roommate from college. She used to write us romance stories to put us to sleep at night. She is a single mom of four..... no, no, no.... it's just that her husband's doing his residency right now. As such she is my hero. Especially when she goes to WalMart.

Cami is a stranger to me, but a friend to Kim. I know nothing about her, but she says she is not an axe-murderer because she feels bad when her cats scratch at the door to come inside. But she does not let them inside. As an allergy-prone person, I approve of this action.

And I am Jamie. Right now I am in the midst of an existential questioning so I am not sure who I am. But I am sure I will find out someday.

Also, I am putting the pictures on the side in alphabetical order for two reasons: 1) I am slightly OCD. I blame this on my Aunt Penny. 2) I have dreams of not always being the person pictured first.

By the way, I looked "contributor/er" up in the dictionary and you can spell it both ways. So, on that note... which one is right?

1 comment:

Kim Woodruff said...

Cami writes great fantasies, and I envy her gift for planning her plots so well before she starts her novels.