My kid had brain surgery last week. We're both still recovering--him from the injury, me from the shock. So far he's doing well. Meanwhile, I can't write. Not even sure what day of the week it is. When I put the pieces of my own brain back together, maybe I'll finish my story. Until then, I'm not very functional.
4 comments:
I'm so sorry Elena! That's so scary! Dave Wolverton said recently that an overload of stress can shut down the part of our brain in charge of being creative. That seems to be how it works for me. When I get that way, I try to read. It helps with the stress, and it makes me feel like I'm still doing something to become a better writer. But some times are even too stressful for reading, and our kids are so much more important than our writing. I hope you both recover quickly!
What!!!!!! Of course no writing. I wish I lived anywhere near. What can we do?
Thanks, girls. I love you guys. I'm fine now. Really. The surgery went well and my kid is recovering--he's on his way to a birthday party where I hope he won't bang his head--and I'm ready to write again. I think my brain needs me to.
Yes, Kim, reading was the only thing I could fit in my head besides worry, so did I read lots of books at least. In fact, I don't know what to read next.
Any ideas, anyone?
But really, I should stop reading and finish my own silly book. I'm going to force myself to write on a schedule and report right here and if I don't finish Amarath by the end of the summer, you can come to Utah and shoot me with rubber-band guns.
I'd say I'll get my rubber-band gun ready, but I know I won't need it. You can do it! I'm going to buckle down too. I hope to get a rough draft done by September.
Books. Hmm. I loved Scarlett, so thanks for recommending it! Have you read Legends by Marie Lu? Espionage and Etiquette is a fun, light read. Everyone at WIFYR was saying I should read Game of Thrones. Have you read that yet?
I'm so grateful your son is doing better!
Post a Comment